Greetings, Internet Stranger! Welcome to Around the World in 24 Hours! My name is Stella Jane, and I’m passionate about living life to the fullest. I’m here to teach you how to make every day of your dream trip count.
One of my favorite quotes is from the classic movie Auntie Mame, “Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!” You’re not a sucker, and you deserve to feast on life as much as anyone else. Let’s hit that banquet together!
My hope is that the hundreds of 24 hour travel itineraries on this website will motivate you to get out there and see the world, learn as much as you can, and have a sense of humor about it all. I try to make my travel itineraries as funny as possible because I think many people take themselves way too seriously.
How can I help you? Well, I am an expert on solo travel because I have been on hundreds of solo trips on six continents by myself. If you want to learn more about solo travel, just sign up right here to get my ultimate solo travel checklist:
Besides that, I have a great many useful skills.
A great many useful skills
- I am a native New Yorker, so if we’re walking down the street and someone tries to run you over, I can hit their car and yell, “Hey, I’m walkin’ here!” Also I give the best NYC travel tips.
- I don’t know how to drive or ride a bicycle. You might think that’s the opposite of a skill, but I’ve gotten very good at exploring the world without either of those things, so I can share those tips with you.
- Besides English, I speak good French, bad Japanese, and I can read the Cyrillic alphabet, so I can teach you some of the secrets of those languages.
- In five years I have traveled in 6 continents from Africa to Oceania, 53 countries, and well over 100 cities. So I can give you travel tips on hundreds of destinations. And if there’s a place I haven’t visited, I will consider going there just to keep you happy, Internet Stranger.
- I give excellent advice about food because I eat everything and that includes natto, grasshoppers, and chicken feet. My friends call me Stella Jane: The Human Trash Can.
My origin story
I wasn’t always this zany and cheerful. When I was a teenager, I suffered from anxiety and depression that were so bad, I had trouble getting out of bed. Some days I was convinced I was so ugly, I couldn’t leave the house without covering my face. The only reason I made it through each day was because of my mother who never gave up on me and helped me find the strength to graduate from college.
My senior year of college, my mother was diagnosed with ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease. She passed away the following year, and I felt completely alone and hopeless. I knew my mom wouldn’t want me to give up, but I didn’t know what to do. A miraculous something guided me towards getting out of town for the weekend. After that, I started traveling any time I could afford it or had spare time.
Fast forward to the present day. I’ve been traveling about 16 weeks a year for the past five years, and I add more travel time every year. Is every day perfect? Not at all, but I make every day count, and I can teach you how to do it too. In fact, I hope just reading my goofy travel itineraries will put a smile on your face and make you feel more excited to take on your day.
I’m reachable at firstname.lastname@example.org any time. But the best way to keep in touch is to subscribe to my newsletter. It’s full of wacky travel hijinks and top secret travel tips…plus some gifts that will help you get started on that dream trip!
You can subscribe to my newsletter right here!
Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
<3 Stella Jane